Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Swimming, Camping & Smiles

Last weekend, it was the Father Son Outing down at Sligers Campground. Bill took Riley down and they had a grand ol' time. They took some rice crispy treats down and stayed up really late. When they got home, they both were exhausted and I didn't really find out why they were so tired. Bill disappeared with Riley as I continued my cleaning spree and as I walked into his room to put his clothes away...this is what I walked in on......
After their "nap" I was informed that Bill and Sherm took Riley out for a late night hunt. They went spotlighting and actually shot a badger. Riley was quite descriptive of what the badger looked like....sharp teeth, small back legs and big front legs and hairy and bloody... OOOHHH I don't like badgers...they are ugly and they scare me....not my idea of fun. :)
The following Monday, Madi and I were in side playing when daddy got home. He hadn't come in the house yet so I ran outside to see what he was doing. I was only outside for a few minutes and walked in on this.....
NO! She's not hiding from me....she had fallen asleep while "digging" for a Mike n Ike! She's my little munchkin....some days she's 6 and other days she is 4.....(It's more like 2.5 going on 16.)AAHHHH She is getting big SOO Fast!

I know there are A LOT of pictures of Lily this time.....but a baby's grin is just priceless......





Okay....to answer your questions......
No, this is not lipstick!!! But it IS my raspberry cream filled doughnut!!!She loved it!



Here is our Slide show of our family night at Sligers Swimming Pool. (It is an indoor pool that is actually a natural hot spring that they have to run cool water in because it is so HOT!
(you have to click on each picture to view them...enjoy)
Click to play
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard

7 comments:

Gma Chris said...

This is why I love blogging so much. It enables me to be able to see and share great moments in my kids life that because of being so far away I would other wise miss.
Thank you for sharing not only to Jen & Bill, but Andrea & Rich, and Bri and Mal, & Laura & Dan, and even my siblings.

Brian and Mal said...

oh my, Madi asleep on the couch with her hand in the candy box.. that is too funny!

Leah said...

What a cute slide. I loved all those pics you posted. How cute is that of riley and Bill passed out, and the one of Madi had me laughing. I totally thought it looked like she was just sneaking some candy, can't believe she fell asleep! Lily is SO cute. Love seeing your fam pics!

Misty said...

Oh so cute! You have the cutest family! :)

Kristy said...

Cute pictures!!! I love the pictures of Madi with her hand in the candy box asleep, how sweet.

Mark and Lachelle said...

That picture of the boys passed out is hilarious!! Must have been an exhausting weekend! And how funny that Madi is asleep with her hand in the candy! What is in that candy? cuz I want some!

Jana said...

Lily has so many little expressions in the video...very cute! I love to read your blog, Jen. Your family is so precious, the way to tell about what you all are up to makes it all so real...almost like I'm there and not missing it all! Thanks :)