Friday, September 19, 2008

Going Once, Going Twice, Sold! - MAYBE!


Oh my goodness!!! To my family: NO ONE knows about this just because I didn't want to get my hopes up but guess what!!!!! It's almost official (I guess I may still be having a little to high of hopes, but oh well, it feels good.) Tonight, a couple that looked at our house on Monday, is coming back again tonight to look at it again. They were here for a LONG time on Monday looking at it and through it. YIPPEE! They eliminated their options down to ours and another house. However, my realtor just called me and told me that the showing realtor said that our house was more promising for the couple and that they were really excited about it.!!! I almost started bawling on the phone to my realtor, I couldn't believe it! With the housing market the way it is (awful), our house has only been listed for 53 days and we may have just had our prayers answered. I have been praying my heart out the right people will come along quick and fall in love with our house. This is going to be such a positive step for our family for many reasons!!! I have had this conversation with my Mom on several occasions! I feel like I am always picking up constantly in order for my house to stay clean, therefor , me feeling like I've neglected my kids. We've outgrown their rooms and so the living room has become the toy room, so of course it is always scattered with toys. If I take my time to play with them, my house goes to pieces and at the end of they day, I feel bad that I didn't get what I needed to done and my husband has to come home to a messy house. I am torn! I love my kids to death, but I never have MY space ever....I have no place to go to just sit and have a little quiet time. We are always just ON TOP of each other!!! The kids need their space, I need my space, and Bill needs his space. Our new house will have a toy room, an office/library. This will hopefully eliminate the messy front room scattered with toys, and provide a place to go and relax. I hope people aren't thinking that I'm being worldly or ungrateful for what I do have. That's not the case. I feel very blessed for the things we have, for the work that's basically been handed into Bill's hands, for working vehicles, for the toys the kids have, to be able to go grocery shopping, to be able to provide my kids the clothing they need (maybe a little to much, I have a fetish for clothes especially the clearance rack....wonder where I get that from MOM). And very grateful for the opportunity we have to be able to build a house that we are wanting/needing. Very Grateful indeed. I love prayer, I love my Father in Heaven and I love my Savior Jesus Christ. Now that I got that off my chest, let's just hope that I'm not writing in a week or so saying that the cute little couple chose the other house. :)

6 comments:

Lori and kids said...

That is so cool jeni. I hope everything works out for you guys to get into the new house.
How are you doing? I have not heard from you for a long time.

Lori and kids said...

By the way, as soon as I get on your blog Skyler starts to sing the sun shine song. She loves it!

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

That is so exciting for you guys. I hope it all works out. Buying new things can be so exciting, but so stressful, especially the really expensive things. Good luck.

Leah said...

Yeah! That is so exciting! I hope it goes through for you guys. And i am officially here in IF!! I would LOVE to see you and your kids. Whenever you can come visit let me know cuz I am going to be hear for about a month! Seriously I want to see you!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! I hope everything works out for you guys! That will be so fun for you guys to get into a new house! Where is it that you guys are moving to?

Jana said...

That is very exciting about your house! I totally understand what you wrote about trying to keep on top of the housework, finding time for yourself, and time for the kids!!! I blogged about it not too long ago on this link http://keepinghistory.blogspot.com/2008/08/guilt.html
anyways, ...our fingers are crossed for you that it all goes forward.